Monday, September 2, 2013

I fell hard for you
Cold shoulder turned towards me
I diluted my mind with small gestures
All I received in return was avoidance

Indifference when we passed
Friendly in forced time together
Now I’m left longing after what would never happen
Left with all my wasted time

You will never know who I am
Never given the chance for my star to shine
You’re just another person who shuts me down
Stifling myself because I thought I was in love

You’re not sorry that you don’t even want to be friends
I miss your smiling hellos
All you offer is a nod at best
What happened to tact?

You turned out to be someone else
Still I hung on to the hope
I should have known better
No one ever truly cares for me

Why couldn’t you just say so?
Why did you just ignore me?
That’s what killed me most of all
Not knowing who you were going to be when I saw you next

Warm and welcoming
Cold and hateful
Which are you?
My guess is the latter

I’m not trying to sound bitter
Only you’ve turned me
I just wanted your consideration
I hope you’re happy with her

When you realize your mistake
I’ll be long gone
You had your chance
I am better than this

Once you see the distance you allowed
Will you know I am not coming back?
The damage is done

You will have to live with your decision

No comments:

Post a Comment